- 2008-03-01: Initial version 1.0 released
- 2008-03-07: v1.1
- 2008-03-23: v1.2
- 2008-06-04: v1.3
- 2008-07-27: v1.4
- 2008-11-27: v1.5
- 2009-05-01: v1.6
- 2009-12-01: v1.7
- 2011-03-22: v1.8
- 2011-04-26: v1.9
- 2011-04-28: v1.9.1
- 2011-10-01: v1.9.2
- 2013-08-11: v1.9.3
NOTE: TotalToolbar has been discontinued.
The TotalToolbar extension permits great flexibility
in creating and positioning toolbars and toolbar items.
TotalToolbar is derived from the toolbar functionality in All-in-One Sidebar by Ingo Wennemaring, which was based on Toolbar Enhancements by Stephen Clavering. It has been significantly renovated and updated for Firefox 3, and now Fx 4.
TotalToolbar v1.9.3 (Firefox 23.0 - 27.* only)
TotalToolbar v1.9.2 (Firefox 4.0 - 22.* only)
TotalToolbar v1.7 (Firefox 3.6.* only)
Applications: Firefox 3 to 27 only. TotalToolbar is NOT compatible with
Firefox 28 and higher (Australis).
OS: All OSes.
- Individual toolbars customizable for iconsize, mode (text, text/icons, icons), visible in fullscreen mode, and flexible buttons. View state of user added toolbars can finally be remembered across restarts.
- Permanent toolbars added to sidebar header and statusbar to receive palette items; these are invisible when empty.
- User created toolbars placeable just about anywhere..
- NEW in v1.8:
- Customize dialog - the dialog now opens in a Tab and has a new look.
- Customizable tabbar - the Tabbar is now a Tabs Toolbar. The Tabs Toolbar has most of the same features of toolbar customization and may be placed just about anywhere, including restoring it to the original location above the browser not above the sidebar.
- Removable statusbar - the old statusbar container may be drag drop removed. Customization of items within the old statusbar is no longer supported, these should be converted to toolbar buttons or items.
- Fix Addon Bar - customizable means just that; the close button is removable.
- NEW in v1.9:
- Compatibility with TreeStyleTabs - the above browser and below browser toolbars are positioned inside the TabsToolbar when in TreeStyleTabs vertical mode. This allows top to bottom tabs.
- Add TabsToolbar toolbars - useful for vertical tabs configuration.
- Menu items - now movable/removable.
- Australis: NOTE that TotalTolbar 1.9.3 is NOT compatible with Fx v28.
- All-in-One Sidebar: the latest AiOS v0.7.13 incorporates parts of TotalToolbar and unfortunately the two together don't work in all toolbar configurations.
- Other extensions: please report issues with toolbars of other extensions.
- No known issues.
TotalToolbar currently supports 31 locales. There are a few new strings introduced, and some locales are not complete; any updated localizations are welcome at Babelzilla.
Support and Questions:
- Update: compatibility with Firefox 23.
- NOTE: not compatible with versions prior to Firefox 23.0.
- Fix: remove BrowserToolbarPalette node in toolbox constructor, breaks searchbar splitter.
- Fix: add test for TreeStyleTabs.
- New: allow dynamic switching of TabsToolbar position in TreeStyleTabs without a restart.
- Fix: broken splitter in TreeStyleTabs vertical TabsToolbar right position.
- New: Compatibility with and support for TreeStyleTabs, especially in vertical mode.
- Fix: allow non palette items (such as menu items) to be placed in custom toolbars and persisted/restored properly.
- Fix: restore flex to Bookmarks Toolbar, enabling overflow to work again.
- Fix: fix global scope pollution.
- Update: code changes for compatibility with Firefox 4.0.
- NOTE: not compatible with Firefox versions older than 4.0.
- Update: tabbar toolbars have been removed.
- Update: statusbar customization has been removed. The statusbar in the new addonbar may be removed with Customize.
- New: the Firefox Tabbar is now a customizable Tabs Toolbar. See the TotalToolbar homepage Features section for more details.
- New: the Customize dialog now opens in a Tab.
- New: the Customize dialog buttons have been organized slightly and wrap for optimized button viewing.
- Fix: compatibility adjustments for other extensions, including Google Toolbar.
- Update: code changes for compatibility with Firefox 3.6.
- NOTE: not compatible with Firefox versions older than 3.6.
- Update: MacOS now supported. Fx uses a 'sheet' (panel) to display the palette. The boolean pref toolbar.customization.usesheet, when set to false (MacOS default), will cause the sheet method to be used.
- Update: code changes for compatibility with Firefox 3.5.
- NOTE: not compatible with Firefox versions older than 3.5.
- Fix: overflow on vertical toolbars.
- Update: compatibility with Firefox 3.1.
- New: customize Statusbar can be disabled by setting the boolean pref extensions.totaltoolbar.customizestatusbar.enable to false.
- Update: maxVersion to 3.1.
- Update: da-DK locale.
- NOTE: last version to support Firefox 3.0.
- Fix: any extension toolbars using "toolbarname" and "collapsed" attributes now toggleable via contextmenu and View - Toolbars, state will be persisted.
- Fix: prevent statusbar context menu from appearing where unintended; some extensions don't handle popups properly since statusbar never had one before.
- Fix: add Customize Statusbar to View - Toolbars for keyboard accessibility.
- Update: ja-JP locale.
- Fix: removed add tabs button as default for right tab toolbar, it was undiscoverable if tabbar was set to be hidden.
- Fix: fixed iconsize when restoring defaultset, due to inconsistent Fx3 use of defaulticonsize attribute for toolbars.
- New: statusbar shares context menu with toolbars.
- New: statusbar now configurable for Fullscreen mode. See the FAQ for more on Fullscreen mode operation.
- Update: zh-CN, hu-HU, ko-KR, nl-NL, sk-SK, tr-TR, uk-UA locales.
- Fix: Toolbars with defaultset did not let those items be moved (add tabs button).
- Update: it-IT locale.
- Initial release.